The 4th edition of Mobile 2.0 will be held from March 9 to 10 at the “Cité des Sciences” in Paris. There would be many conferences and six “awards”will reward the most succesful applications of the year.
The Mobile 2.0 has become for the 4th year an event for the Mobile Internet specialists. This Congress has a double purpose, firstly, in order to make an assessment on the customs and practices but also to highlight innovations and smarter mobile applications.
The theme of this edition is : “2 days to decrypt the mobile media”. In addition, ten thematic conferences will be offered as sector analysis, the zoom on the location, mobile payment, mobile marketing, best practices interms of usage and the combat between App stores and Web apps.
Among speakers, there will be:
- Yves Tyrode, General Director of Orange’s Techno Center
- Philip Huysmans, boss of Europa Microsoft Mobile
- Bertrand Dupuis, Nokia (OVI)
- Tristan Nitot, Mozilla
The first App Awards will be awarded to the best applications available on mobile download platforms. Indeed, this exhibition “Mobile 2.0″ has always focused on innovation of mobile services by the presentation of companies and startups. So, this year there will be the 1st competition of multi-platform mobile application, which will highlight 15 applications and 5 applications will be rewarded by a panel of experts from mobile services and by the public. Mobile application that has been ported to different platformes will be rewarded by special prize sponsored by Streamezzo.
Finally, March 10 trophies will be awarded by sponsors with 50 000€ in the form of license, mobile and helps to the visibility and marketing support. Today, 15 applications were selected by a panel of experts and journalists.
- Goomeo, share your digital life (Windows Mobile)
- Wipolo, Personal Travel Assistant (iPhone)
- Comuto, carpooling (iPhone)
- Pleex, back up your contacts and data mobile (Ovi, WM, iPhone, Rim, Android)
- Visit Paris, the history of Paris in 50 videos (iPhone)
- Spotify, music streaming and MOD (iPhone, Android)
- Sensorly, real-time signal quality Mobile (Android)
- Splashdata, managing your login and passeword (WM, iPhone, Rim, Android)
- Friendticker, interact directly with brands (iPhone)
- Imsense, automatic correction of your photos (iPhone)
- Mix DJ, discover thousands of Dj mix (iPhone)
- Logic Immo, the housing agency in your pocket (Ovi, iPhone, Android)
- Paris Subway, augmented reality to locate your Metro station (iPhone)
- Flook, the world’s first Serendipitous discovery engine (iPhone)
- Cookineo, I can’t cook (iPhone)